Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Zai jian, America. Ni hao, Canada!

Airporting in Vancouver, B.C.

So, describing myself as tired would be a bit of an understatement. As I'm writing this, I'm simultaneously falling asleep in a big blue chair. Granted, these airport chairs are super comfortable, but they're not what's causing this. I really need to learn how to sleep on planes. This is not so pleasant.

Anyway, the flight here was pretty uneventful. Momma and Papa Wolf were kind enough to take me to the airport at 4AM this morning. After being hassled by airport security for the strange objects in my luggage (I don't think I can remember a time that they didn't search me or my bag) I patiently waited at my gate for a while. We took off a little after 6AM in one of those small double prop planes. It was supposed to be full, but I think just about everyone had an aisle to themselves. I had lots of legroom, got to see the sunrise, but couldn't fall asleep. Oh well.

There's a very large group of Asian (presumably Chinese) high school kids waiting at my gate with me. The tallest one is up to my shoulders. I can't help but feel like this is going to be an ongoing theme during my trip...
I'm pretty seriously considering asking for a group picture with them, but I'm not sure whether or not that falls into the "grey area" of social acceptability.
...
More to come.

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna be such a baller when you're head and shoulders above everyone else.

    ReplyDelete