Saturday, January 29, 2011

3 days? 2 days?

Well. It's just about time.
I'm starting to get a little concerned about whether or not I will even be able to use this blog while abroad though (along with a number of other sites/email addresses...). The great firewall of China seems to be in control of just about everything.
Anyway, nothing too exciting to update. I finally have a place to stay in Shanghai. I tried to go the couchsurfing route again (my preferred method of travel for several reasons...), but alas it appears that that won't be working out. Everyone I contacted was leaving Shanghai for the holiday. It seems that people (who aren't staying with family) prefer to go to the warmer climates of SE Asia when they have a week off? Funny thing about that. I'm sure there's a lot of folks in Boston who wouldn't mind a week in Thailand right about now...
Anywho: I'll be hosteling in Shanghai for the 2nd and 3rd of February. After that, I have a notion to go to Huang Shan (google it) for a few days.
Good thing I have a new raincoat?
Can't wait to break her in.
Not sure where after that. I've got a 19 hour flight to figure it out though...

Also: learned how to say "China" and Mandarin today! Big step in the right direction.
"Zhong guo."
...Yup.
Throw in a "zai" here, and a "shu" there, and I'm sure no one will be the wiser.
I'll fit right in!

1 comment:

  1. It would be easier if we could just like the blog posts, rather than having to leave an actual comment. I guess Blogspot doesn't cater to the lazy as well as facebook does...

    ReplyDelete